Notice of Annual General Meeting
06 November 2018
NOTICE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Sunday 16th December 12 pm
Members are advised that the Annual General Meeting of The Chelsea Football Club Incorporated will be held in the Tom Williams Rooms 13 Beardsworth Avenue Chelsea, on Sunday 16th December at 12 pm.
The ordinary business of the annual general meeting is as follows:
1/ to confirm the minutes of the previous annual general meeting;
2/ to receive and consider-
(i) the annual report of the Board on the activities of the Association during the preceding financial year; and
(ii) the financial statements of the Association for the preceding financial year submitted by the Board in accordance with Part 7 of the Act
(iii) to vote on proposed changes to Rules
Summary of proposed Rule Changes
A motion to change the Rules of The Association will be presented for Vote at the AGM.
The reasons for the Rule Changes are summarised as follow:
1. To alter the Number of Board Members that may be elected. The reason for this is that with the growth of the Club, especially in the area of Netball, we need to provide the opportunity for a larger Board Structure. (Rule 46 (1) (b) refers)
2. Currently the rules provide for the appointment of a Snr Vice President and 2 Junior Vice Presidents. Rule changes remove reference to those appointments and they are replaced by appointment of 2 Vice Presidents (Rule’s 46 (2), 48, 58 (1) refer)
3. Currently the rules are confusing with respect to terms of appointment for both President and The Board Members and changes are proposed to provide clarity as below:
- - A President holding Office as a result of a casual vacancy (if existing Board member) or a Board appointment, shall understand that this is a temporary position and that they will vacate office at the Annual General Meeting immediately following their appointment,
- A Board Member holding Office as a result of either a Board appointment, or a casual vacancy, shall understand that this is a temporary position and that they will vacate office at the Annual General Meeting immediately following their appointment,
- Rules 52 (1 and 2), 54 and 57 refer.
(Click Here to View Current Rules) (Click Here to View Proposed New Rules)
(iii) to elect the members of the Board;
The annual general meeting may also conduct any other business of which 21 days notice has been given in accordance with the Rules.
No nominations are required for President. Michael Davis was elected to that position for a term of two (2) years at the 2017 AGM and is not due to vacate the position until the 2019 AGM. The positions of Board Members Stuart Mason, Vince Di Blasio, Jaki Atwell and Sarah Jansen shall be declared vacant at the 2018 AGM.Nominations for positions on the Board may be submitted using the following form:
In accordance with The Rules of The Association, Election for Members of The Board will be held and nominations for these positions must be received by The Returning Officer (Secretary) 7 days prior to The Meeting.
Nominations for Members of The Board may be submitted using this Nomination Form
Enquiries contact Secretary on 0409 356 549.